Thursday, September 2, 2010

Trash to treasure

Ok so I am very excitied about what I just found at our local tip shop!  After reading through some interior design magazines I was inspired to do a little re-designing of my own.

So I packed Harri into the car and off we went to the tip shop. I had never actually been there before, i was lucky enough to find it first go.  It was tiny, so it would have been easy to miss.

Anyway; after searching through everything, I came across this table/stool, and immediately fell in love with it.  I didn't plan on spending too much, and because it was quite big I didn't get my hopes up, but when the man told me it was $10, yes that's right $10 how could I refuse!

I told him I would be back, as I had to go home and take the pram out of the boot, so it would fit.

Upon my return I was not sure about it anymore, but once I saw it again, I knew I had to get it.
The man was so lovely and helpful, and he loved talking to Harri.


With a lick of paint, and re-upholstering the leather it will give it a new lease on life.
I just thought it was the funkiest design, so different.
The legs may need a another nail or two put in, as some are a little wobbly.
I will also put new handles on the draws.
I am just so excited, the possibilities are endless.  Now I just have to decide on what colour to paint it, I am thinking maybe just going with an offwhite, or neutral colour, or I could go really crazy and paint it lime green...

I also need to rummage through my fabric collection to see if there is anything I can cover the stool with.

I will keep you updated on any progress, and will post the finished product right here.

Until next time.


2 comments:

Aimee said...

what a bargain! can't wait to see the final product... you can give me tips on the chest of drawers that desperately awaits my attention after 1 year of doing nothing except gather dust!

make it perfect said...

AWESOME!!!!! That is so funky charlotte...can't wait to see what you do with it :)