Sunday, February 13, 2011

Homegrown goodness

Ok so I can't claim to have spent hours slaving away over a veggie patch like so many others {jealous that I don't have a garden} but we are lucky enough to live in a rental that has numerous fruit trees.  Here is the first pickings, though most of them are not quite ready yet.  One of our trees hangs over the side fence, last week when I went around there to pick the garlic that was growing {with no work from us} and I heard someone say "not long and they will be ready" I look up and there is an elderly man picking the nectarines off the tree! the nerve I thought, but apparently because they are hanging over they technically they are for the taking.
Don't they just look delicious?
Now just close your eyes, take a deep breath and imagine you can smell their juicy flesh!




I wasn't the only one who enjoyed them, Harri was loving them too!

3 comments:

Cullis Family said...

Yum!!

Aimee said...

I really want to plant some fruit trees!
Glad to see harri enjoyed them... let's hope all those juices make him sleep well tonight!!

Clares Place said...

Oh yummo! Fresh fruit is the BEST!
Love your trash to treasure finds! Its the best way to brighten a room (our walls have been white for quite some time - Sam is NOT a fan of colour on walls so furniture and assessories have been my way to bring colour into our lives)